YUMMY and EASY!!!!
I came home yesterday to wonderful smells. I needed it as it was an extremely difficult day and my body is fighting hard to not get sick from these yucky allergies.
This is where planning saved the day.
I knew I had a meeting after school, so I made sure I had a crockpot meal in my weekly plan. I prepped it that morning before I left. Since I was running late getting home, I called and asked the boys to shred the chicken, grate some cheese, add in the sour cream.
Substitutions: I did not use the red bell pepper as I have one who would not touch it if you did. I also used garlic powder and onion powder - I was out of both onions and garlic cloves. It worked great and saved me a couple of steps in the morning.
This recipe was extremely easy to make. Not only that - it is delicious and follows Weight Watchers Simply Filling perfectly. You will need to count points for chips and avocado - I did not even use them and it was a wonderful soup. I also use 2% cheese - so I have to count points for that - but it is sooo worth it.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 small red bell pepper or green, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- View All Ingredient....
- In a medium skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile to your crock-pot add the Ro-tel, chicken broth, chicken, corn, black beans (if using), chile powder, cumin, oregano and 1 teaspoon coarse salt or 1/2 teaspoon fine and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mix in the cooked onions, peppers and garlic.
- Cook on high 3 - 4 hour or low 5 - 6. Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board. Stir the cheese and sour cream into the soup. Shred the chicken or cut into bite-sized pieces and add back to the pot. Taste and season as needed. Cook 1 more hour on low heat.
- Serve garnished with more cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and avocado.