Weight Watchers - 10 pp+
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced (I omitted this due to family not liking bell peppers)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long grain rice (I used brown rice)
- 3/4 cup red lentils picked over and rinsed
- 14 1/2 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, carrots, onions, and bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, and cayenne, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in water, rice, lentils, tomatoes, and salt; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice and lentils are tender, about 20 minute.
- Add corn and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in parsley.