- In a medium saucepan, scald the milk with the sugar, butter and salt. Whisk occasionally. (The sugar and salt should dissolve, and the butter should melt.) Remove from heat and allow to cool just until it's warm, not hot. (You don't want to scramble the eggs in step 2, or kill the yeast in step 3.)
- Add the egg whites and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum and yeast. Add to the saucepan, and stir until well-mixed.
- Transfer the bread batter/dough into a greased loaf pan, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 40 minutes. (When done baking, allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the loaf