OK - I really thought this was going to turn out to be another flop. When trying new recipes this happens regularly. But I have also learned - finish it anyway - it might turn out good! Well this one did! The original recipe called for 1 cup sugar - I substituted it with honey. Major runny mess - did not look like cookie dough. So when they came out fabulous - I took pictures for second batch and changed the instructions to say scoop out instead of roll - you don't roll these.
|This is what they look like before baking - runny mess!|
|Here they are straight out of oven.|
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the peanut butter and honey in a bowl.
- Beat in the baking powder.
- Add the egg.
- Mix until it is all well combined.
- Spoon onto parchment paper (small cookie size)
- Roll the ball into white sugar.
- Bake in the oven 10-12 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let the cookies rest for at least five minutes. While cooling - use fork tongs to make design on cookies
- Carefully transfer them to a cooling rack.