Source: Adapted from Plain Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk I used fat free
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 lb sausage cooked and crumbled (I use my own turkey sausage recipe)
- cooking spray I my use olive oil pump
- butter for serving
- syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the syrup, milk, vanilla, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Spray griddle or frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Sprinkle approximately 1-2 Tbsp sausage on top of pancake.
- Brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup.
I tried making these as a baked pancake - turned out well. I cooked them for app 25 minutes (until center comes out clean with a fork).