Fall is upon us! With fall comes pumpkin foods. Today I tried a new pumpkin muffin recipe that has chocolate chips in them. I used Enjoy Life semi sweet chocolate chips. They are fabulous and the ingredients are not scarry! Not only that - I don't have to make them! I got them at Kroger, but they are a little cheaper on Amazon - so I will buy them there from now on. I will also watch for sales online and buy in bulk!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
Weight Watchers: 4 pp+ per muffin
- 3 cups whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin (or one 16 ounce can)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer either homemade chocolate chips or soy free chocolate chips)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, pumpkin and oil. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into 24 paper lined muffin cups. Bake in a 400° oven for 16-22 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
Adapted from: Heavenly Homemakers