Makes: 20 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Weight Watchers: 2 pp+
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup non-fat milk (use only 1/2 cup if you are adding frozen fruit like blueberries) – Soy milk or almond milk works as well.
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Note: Remember. If you use fresh fruit don’t make any other adjustments. Just add the fruit. However, if you are using frozen fruit, reduce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake papers or spray the tin with an olive oil mister.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together your flour and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the rest of the ingredients using a whisk.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients a little at a time, whisking as you go.
- Pour into your muffin tin. Fill up the cups only half way.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Note: Remember. If you use fresh fruit, don’t make any other adjustments. Just add the fruit. However, if you are using frozen fruit, reduce the milk by 1/4 cup.
Amount Per Serving