This is by far one of the easiest dishes to make. Even Scott could do this one. Everyone loved it and can easily be done at the last minute.
Layered Cheesy Salsa Enchiladas
- 1 pound ground beef
- sea salt to taste
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided I use white cheddar
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (or corn tortillas) I used corn tortillas from Trader Joes
|Add baby carrots, fresh fruit salad and corn|
for a wonderful 8 pp+ meal
- Brown meat.
- Stir in salsa and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Lay 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spread half of meat mixture over tortillas.
- Layer again with the 4 remaining tortillas.
- Spread remaining meat mixture over tortillas.
- Top with 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- Freezing Instructions:
- Cover dish well and freeze.
- Thaw and bake as directed above.
- Or, if the enchiladas are frozen, bake in a 250° oven for one hour, then at 350° for another 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.