Serving size: 1Pig in a blanket
Weight Watchers Points: 2 pp+ plus hotdog and cheese, mine came out to be 3 pp+ each
I love the original recipe from Heavenly Homemakers. However, the Weight Watchers point value and total fat was WAY too much. I decided to adapt it. I like my adaption even better! The dough recipe can even be made into pizza pockets and pop tarts! YUMMM!!!
I made these with cheese this time, next time I probably won't.
These warm up great as leftovers and can be frozen. (I’d bake them first before freezing, then pull them out and rewarm them in the oven for a few minutes.)
Source: Heavenly Homemakers
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour I used white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup plain yogurt I used greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 16 beef hotdogs cut in half I buy Applegate Farm Beef Hotdogs from Azure Standard
- 32 small pieces of cheddar cheese (optional)
- Mix flour, salt, applesauce, butter and yogurt together.
- Knead ingredients together on a floured countertop until the dough is ready to be rolled out.
- Use a floured rolling pen to roll the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into 32 rectangles.
- Place one piece of cheese (if desired) and one hotdog half on each rectangle
- Roll it up and place it on a well buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.