I have to agree - these are wonderful. Glad I decided to make them into mini muffins. These will be a great 2 pp+ snack when I need a chocolate fix. Next time I may try dark chocolate cocoa.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
If using coconut oil or butter: 4 pp+
Using applesauce as a replacement for butter: 3 pp+
Mini Muffins: 2pp+ for one, 3 pp+ for two (using applesauce)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup melted cocunut oil or butter (applesause is a good replacement)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (click link to a very easy recipe) I used Enjoy Life, semi sweet chocolate chips that I found at Kroger
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Mix in coconut oil, milk and egg.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into 9-12 paper lined muffin tins. (or 24 mini muffin tins)
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. (15 for mini muffins)
You can also make this into a quick bread…just spread the batter into a buttered loaf pan and bake at 350° for 50 minutes!
These are so good - I better stick to mini muffins - portion control.
From: Heavenly Homemakers