I order this flour blend through amazon. It is less expensive when you buy in larger quatities.
Giant Breakfast Cookies
Yeilds: 24 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Weight Watchers: 3 pp+(using Chocolate Chip Chunks)
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (original recipe called for 1 cup butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins or chocolate chips (I used Chocolate Chip Chunks)
- Mix butter, honey, eggs, salt, cinnamon, soda, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Stir in flour and oats. Fold in raisins or chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool 3-4 minutes on cookie sheet before removing cookies to cool on a wire rack.
To soak the grain in these cookies before baking (in order to help them to digest better):
- Melt and cool butter.
- In a glass bowl, stir together flour, oats, butter and cultured buttermilk. Add a bit more buttermilk than the 1/2 cup the recipe calls for if the grains are not all moistened.
- Cover and let the grains soak overnight.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients in the morning and bake as directed.
Adapted From: Heavenly Homemakers