I tried making this cake with layers - cooked great, tasted great! However the icing made the layers slip so next time I will try making this in a rectagle cake pan and put icing on top. I will let you know how it turns out!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups honey
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil or butter and buttermilk.
- Mix with beaters until batter is smooth and well mixed.
- Butter two round cake pans or one 9×13 inch cake pan.
- Bake round cakes at 350° for 25-30 or a 9×13 inch cake for 35-40 minutes. OR, leave the cakes in the oven until a toothpick poked in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before removing them from the pans. Use a butter knife to loosen the edges from the sides of the pan.
- Place the cakes on plates.
- Put icing between layers and ice cake (I used cream cheese frosting)