Cream of Something Soup
Yeilds: 1 serving
Weight Watchers: 6 ppt/ serving
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1Tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 pinch of table salt, to taste
- 1 pinch of black pepper, to taste
- Saute garlic, onion and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add the chicken broth and milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth.
- Return to heat.
- Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed to taste.
You make it ahead of time, pour the soup into a pint canning jar and refrigerate it for up to four days.