Sloppy Cornbread Muffins
a double batch of Cornbread
1/2 recipe of Sloppy Joes (which is one pound of meat)
which will make 24 Sloppy Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 T. honey
- ¼ cup melted butter (I substituted applesauce)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, honey, butter and buttermilk.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin baking cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 2 lbs ground meat (beef, turkey, venison or lamb)
- 2 T. minced onion
- 1 cup ketchup (make sure your ketchup does not have high fructose corn syrup - organic is best)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- sea salt to taste