Muffin Ingredients (makes about 8 muffins)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour - I used white whole wheat
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 cup of honey
Cinnamon Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted (coconut oil will work too)
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts (optional; or other nut)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the muffins, combine all the dry in ingredients and blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a mixer to blend (get rid of any clumps of flour), or blend well by hand.
- Fill muffin or cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Drip the cinnamon topping over the top of each muffin. Some of it will sink into the muffin batter. You can use a toothpick to poke the topping into the batter, to get more of the topping to spread into the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy! Store for a few days at room temperature (covered) or keep in the refrigerator for a week or so.