Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 waffle
oil = 8 pp+
applesauce = 5 pp+
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk (I have used everything from skim milk to thick buttermilk…so whatever you have on hand should work)
- ¼ cup oil (I used olive oil) or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour (I used King Arthur’s organic white whole-wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Warmed 100% pure maple syrup for serving
- Fresh fruit for serving
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, honey, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together just until the large lumps disappear.
- When the waffle iron is hot, spray iron with olive oil spray and then ladle some batter onto the center of the iron.
- Follow the instructions that came with your waffle maker to know how long it should be cooked.
- Keep waffles warm until you finish cooking all of them.
- Top with pure maple syrup and fruit. Enjoy!
From: 100 Days of Real Food