Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Yeilds: 12 patties
Serving size: 1 patty
Weight Watchers: 2 pp+
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit or reduce for less spicy sausage)
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil - I used organic Pam spray
- In large bowl, mix applesauce, salt, pepper, cayenne, sage, red pepper flakes, coriander, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add ground turkey; using a light touch, mix until well combined.
- Use approx. 1/4 cup mixture to form each patty.
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium-high heat. - I used olive oil Pam
- Add turkey patties; when browned, flip over and brown other side, until juices run clear.
- Remove and eat right away or freeze.
TO FREEZE the cooked patties: let cool, place it in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze. Transfer frozen patties to plastic bag. To thaw 1-2 patties, place on small plate & microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, flip patties and repeat for 30 seconds more, or until heated through.
From: The Yummy Life