Yields: 10 pancakes
Serving Size: 1 pancake
Weight Watchers: 2 pp+
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or whatever grain you want)
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 T. melted butter (or oil)
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- Stir the flour and buttermilk together in a glass bowl.
- Cover with a cloth and leave on the counter overnight. In the morning, stir in the egg, melted butter, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together, adding extra milk or buttermilk for the desired batter thickness you prefer.
- Cook pancakes on a well buttered, hot skillet or griddle, flipping once bubbles begin to form. (I used 1/4 cup batter per pancake)
- Serve with real maple syrup, applesauce, jelly, or any of your favorite pancake toppings!