Serving size: 1 cup
Makes 9 one cup servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 T. minced onion, or chopped fresh onion
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 T. basil
- 1 T. oregano
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ½ t. salt
- 8 oz. cottage cheese
- 10 oz. pkg. whole wheat pasta (any shape)
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese (or cheddar, or a mixture of both)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown ground beef and minced onion. Drain grease.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder and salt.
- Allow meat and sauce to simmer about 20 minutes
- Boil pasta according to package.
- Drain and stir pasta into sauce.
- Add cottage cheese, stirring until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour into a casserole dish (9×13).
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.