Yields: 1 loaf/ 18 slices
Serving Size: 1 slice
Weight Watchers: 3 pp+
- 4 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups warm water (not too hot or it will kill the yeast)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or melted butter) - I used olive oil
- 1 packet or 2 ¼ teaspoons yeast
- Follow your bread machine’s directions for making a whole-wheat sandwich loaf. For me that means putting in the wet ingredients first with the dry next, then yeast on top. I have an old bread machine - Welbilt ABM 2900.
Sometimes I make my bread on the dough cycle and then bake in the oven. I bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes. Bread is done when you tap on the top and it has a hollow sound.
Adapted From: 100 Days of Real Food