Yeilds: 8 1/2 cups
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Weight Watchers: 7 pp+
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats (if you want bars use steel cut oats so it will stick together better)
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces (or walnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Also need – parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Cover a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the dry oats, almonds, cashews, coconut, seeds and spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter and honey together in a small saucepan over low heat. Once the butter melts stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the hot liquids over the dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto prepared pan in one even layer. Bake for 75 minutes.
- The granola will become crisp as it cools at which point you can break into pieces (if making bars) or break it up into small chunks by pounding it in a zip lock bag (if making cereal). Store in air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.