Serving size: 1 muffin
Weight watchers: 3 pp+
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (shredded, unsweetened coconut) - I did not have so I omited
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line with paper cups a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Add the carrots, raisins, and coconut.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Using a large cookie scoop, portion out the batter equally between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Leave muffins in tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: The original recipe called for coconut oil - I was planning to substitute with olive oil. When I calculated the points (with oil) it came to 5 pp+ per muffin. I then substituted the oil with applesauce and it came to 3 pp+.