serving size: 18 muffins
Weight Watchers: 3 pp+
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey sausage (or nine sausage links, cut in half)
- Real grade B maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add milk or buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Pour batter into 18 buttered muffin tins. (I don’t recommend paper muffin liners for this as it will stick.)
- Evenly add sausage to each tin. (sasusage did not sink into batter - next time I will push it down a little.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned.
- Serve with a lovely drizzle of maple syrup!