- 1/4 cup cornmeal (I used whole grain cornmeal)
- 2 tbsp plain dried whole wheat crumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 4 (1/4 lb) catfish fillets (we have done both talipia, flounder and cod)
- 2 tsp canola oil (I used olive oil)
- lemon wedges
- Mix together cornmeal, bread crumbs, oregano, salt and black pepper on sheet of wax paper. Beat together egg whites, water, and pepper sause in a pie plate.
- Dip fish fillets, one at a time, in egge white mixture. Coat each fillet with cornmeal mixture shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fish in batches, if needed, until just opaque throughout, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe from: Best Darn Food Ever, Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers: 5 pp+