Tuesday, October 11, 2011
KTOT - First test
This past weekend, I attended a kindergarten teacher's conference (KTOT). I knew it would be a fast, fun and food event if I allowed it to be. One thing I have learned in weight watchers is to plan. There would be some places I would go that I would have no control over, but I did have control over my choices at that place.
I went for a walk with Scott, and verbally planned out my trip. Here is what we came up with:
* Take a sack lunch for the drive up there so I did not have to eat fast food on the way.
* Dinner - grilled chicken, rice/ potato, steamed veggie or salad
* At breakfast, eat oatmeal if I could and fresh fruit. If not, a scrambled egg with fruit.
* Lunch - boxed lunch provided by hotel for conference - eat sandwich, trade out chips (or whatever else was in there) for my baked cheetos I had brought, don't eat cookie
*Dinner - Make best possible choice where we stoped.
* I packed apples, carrot slices, cheese sticks and wheat thins for snacks during the weekend.
I did not follow the plan exactly but was proud of most of my choices.
Lunch - we got to the hotel early and ate there - fabulous lunch with a chicken and rice soup filled with broth, white chicken chunks, veggies and I ate a salad, I also ate two rolls.
Dinner - we went mexican food - I ate chips and salsa, but I counted my chips and wrote them down. I ate grilled chicken, rice and about 1/4 c. refried beans.
Breakfast - followed my plan.
Lunch - Followed plan except I at the cookie
Dinner - made good choice of a sandwhich with turkey and cheese and baked chips. I also bought fudge to take home to the boys - I should have put it in the trunk. I ate some of it before we made it back.
All in all - Pretty good weekend. I followed my plan for the most part. I had exercise points and WPA's for anything extra I ate. The key revolution was that I made the plan, wrote it down, took it with me and it made food choices easier.